D375 - Gibson, Dr Thomas - 1936-1941
Copies of photographs of the members of the Liverpool University Veterinary Society (staff and students of the School of Veterinary Science) taken in the courtyard of the Veterinary Hospital, Pembroke Street, Liverpool; copies of photograph of the staff (warden and male tutors) and students of De...
|Archive level description:||Sub-sub fonds|
|Physical Description:||8 items,|
|Physical Facet:||the originals of all these photographs are mounted. The copies made are the same size as the original photographs.|
Copies of photographs of the members of the Liverpool University Veterinary Society (staff and students of the School of Veterinary Science) taken in the courtyard of the Veterinary Hospital, Pembroke Street, Liverpool; copies of photograph of the staff (warden and male tutors) and students of Derby Hall (hall of residence for men, Mossley Hill, Liverpool) taken in the courtyard; copies of Blue Pigeon (Magazine of the Hall of Residence for Men, University of Liverpool)
Though the photographs do not incorporate captions identifying those shown, by reference to the Calendar and Prospectus of the University (listing the staff of the School of Veterinary Science and the Warden - Mr. J.R. Daymond - of Derby Hall) and the photographs deposited by the Faculty of Veterinary Science (ref. S2957) one can deduce the names of some of the staff. Of the LUVS photographs, Professor John Share Jones (Professor of Veterinary Anatomy, 1920-38, and Director of Veterinary Studies until his retirement in 1938) appears (with his hat) in the centre of the front row on those of Sessions 1936-37 and 1937-38.
|Related Material:||See also the records of the Faculty of Veterinary SciencePhotographs of the Veterinary Society are available at S2957 and photographs of Leahurst Veterinary Society available at A.184Records of Derby Hall are available in the Records of Halls of Residence. Further copies of Blue Pigeon are available at P.5488/20 (1931-1937) and in the reference collection in the Special Collections and Archives Reading Room, reference SPEC S/LV372.5.B65|
|Bibliography:||[Book] Gibson, Thomas Edward,A study of the pathogenic effects of Trichostrongylus axei on sheep maintained on a low plane of nutritionThesis M.V.Sc., Liverpool University, 1947.|
Dr Thomas Gibson DVSc, FRCVS, FI Biology
Derby Hall was built on land acquired in Allerton from the Rathbones of Greenbank. It was designed by Harold Dod, the architect who designed the Harold Cohen Library and was officially opened by Lord Derby in 1939.